This Margarita Cake is perfect for a picnic on a warm day. You’ll be surprised at how closely it tastes like the real thing. And if you want to try something different, see this lavender ice cream recipe.
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
- 1 can (10 ounces) frozen nonalcoholic margarita mix, thawed
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 teaspoons grated lime zest
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease and flour a 10-in. fluted tube pan. In a large bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, margarita mix, eggs, butter, lime juice and zest; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes.
- Transfer batter to prepared pan. Bake 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, combine glaze ingredients. Drizzle over cake.