If you want to eat healthy and sweet deliciousness, you should make these Peach Pie Tortilla Rolls!
Peach filling, wrapped in crispy cinnamon shell is everything you could ever want in a healthy pie peach. Instead of a traditional pie crust, these beauties are wrapped in a maple-glazed almond flour tortilla, then baked into toasty perfection. Rich, flavorful and spiced perfectly with cinnamony goodness, they are lightly sweet, yet taste decadent. Whole Food Plant Based, vegan, no oil, no refined sugar, no highly processed ingredients, and gluten free.
Peach Pie Filling Ingredients:
- 1 lb. peaches (frozen) about 2 cups, sliced into 1-inch cubes *
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup + 1 Tablespoon organic maple syrup
- ¾ teaspoon cinnamon
- Pinch of sea salt *
- 1 Tablespoon warm water
- 1 ¼ teaspoons organic cornstarch
- 2 Tablespoons organic maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon water
- 6 Almond Flour Tortillas at room temperature (We used Siete Almond Flour Tortillas) *
- Extra peach pie filling
- Sprinkle of cinnamon
- Fresh fruit
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Line the bottom of a baking sheet with parchment paper or silicone baking pad and set aside. (We used a silicone baking pad).
Peach Pie Filling:
- Thaw the frozen peaches, then cut into 1-inch cubes. If using fresh, very ripe peach, peel and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Place the cubed peaches into a large skillet. Add the water, maple syrup, cinnamon, and sea salt. Stir well to combine. Heat over medium-high heat to bring to a boil, once boiling then immediately lower the temperature to medium and cook for 7 minutes.
- After 7 minutes, create the slurry by combining 1 Tablespoon of warm water with 1 ¼ teaspoons of cornstarch in a small bowl. Whisk to remove any lumps.
- Increase the heat for the peaches to medium-high, then whisk in the slurry, stirring constantly to avoid burning. The peach syrup should thicken significantly. Stir for one minute once thickened. Check the peach syrup thickness consistency. The syrup should drop in blobs from a spoon. It should not be runny. If too thick, just add a Tablespoon of water. If not thick enough, add a little more cornstarch in a separate bowl with some water, then add to the skillet.
- Remove from the heat and allow to cool for 7 to 10 minutes.
Constructing the Peach Pie Tortilla Rolls :
- Take an almond wrap and lay it flat, then take about a heaping ¼ cup of the cooked peach pie filling and lay it at one end of the tortilla. Then gently roll the tortilla into a log and place the seam side down onto the parchment paper/silicone pad lined baking sheet.
- Continue until all the pie filling is used. (makes approx. 6)
Maple Glaze Topping:
- Place 2 Tablespoons of maple syrup and 1 teaspoon of water into a small bowl, mix well to combine, then heat in the microwave for 20 seconds (or more) until hot.
- Using a pastry brush, dip it into the heated maple syrup/water mixture and very gently brush the entire surface (minus the bottom) of the filled tortillas to glaze them. Do not oversaturate them. Just a thorough glaze once through.
- Once all the tortillas are glazed, then sprinkle them with cinnamon.
- Place the glazed peach pie tortilla rolls into a preheated 350 F and bake for 15 minutes.
- Then switch the oven from bake to low broil and broil on low for a few minutes to lightly brown and crisp up the tortillas. Watch them very carefully to prevent burning.
- Once out of the oven, allow to cool for 5 minutes, then serve by topping with any left-over peach pie filling, extra cinnamon or fresh fruit. Enjoy!
- Sea Salt: The sea salt is only used to enhance the sweetness of the peaches. It can be left out. Please adjust the sea salt based upon your family’s sea salt preferences and/or based upon dietary restrictions.
- Frozen peaches: work best with this recipe. Fresh peaches can be used if you have in season, ripe, flavorful peaches on hand. Remove the skin and slice.
- Siete Almond Flour Tortilla: Siete Almond Flour Tortillas really work well with this recipe as the almond tortillas can be used for savory or sweet recipes.
- Additional Serving Ideas: you can place the delicious peach filling on top of yogurt with granola for a peaches and cream parfait or put on top of nice cream for a peach pie sundae. There are so many delicious ways to use this awesome filling.