This No Fuss Healthy Coconut Tart is that go-to dessert…super easy, delicious, pretty, and just so happens to be vegan and gluten-free.
The filling is made with four base ingredients, coconut cream, honey, lemon, vanilla extract, and white chocolate…only if you’d like. The crust is a mix of salty cashews, sweet coconut, dates, and a touch of warming cinnamon. The creamy coconut filling, when combined with the crunchy, salty crust, creates a mouthwateringly delicious tart. Top with an assortment of berries and fresh figs for the perfect late summer tart!
- 1 1/2 cups roasted salted cashews
- 1 cup raw unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted (about 16 dates)
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups canned full-fat coconut cream
- 1/3 -1/2 cup honey or maple syrup
- 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces high-quality white chocolate, chopped (optional)
- 2 cups mixed fresh berries
- 8-10 fresh figs, thinly sliced (optional)
- To make the crust. Line a rectangular baking pan with parchment paper. In a food processor, combine the cashews, coconut, dates, and cinnamon. Pulse until finely ground and the mix forms a ball, about 2-3 minutes. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan, making sure to pack it in tightly. Chill in the fridge
- Combine the coconut and honey in a large pot, bigger than you think you’ll need. Set over high heat and bring to a boil. Once boiling, boil 10 minutes and then remove from the heat and whisk in the lemon juice, vanilla, and a pinch of salt. Stir in the white chocolate, if using, until melted and smooth.
- Carefully pour the coconut cream on to the crust. Cover and chill 2 hours or until set. Before serving, remove the tart from the pan and top with sliced figs, if using, and fresh berries. Keep these bars well chilled. They will soften and be hard to pick up if left out too long.
- Coconut Cream: this is the cream that sits at the top of the canned coconut. You do not want to use any coconut water, just the cream.