A delicious homemade ice cream cookie dough that you will love to take on some hot summer day. This combination of chocolate and coconut will give you energy and keep you full for many hours!
For Cookie Dough
- 2 tablespoons roasted cashews
- 1/2 cup butter vegan butter or coconut oil (butter works best, but coconut oil also works really well)
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour
- pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup mini chocolate chips use vegan if needed
For Chocolate Coconut Ice Cream
- 1/2 cup pure cane sugar or granulated sugar
- 2 cans full fat coconut milk chilled
- 3/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1 vanilla bean seeds removed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
To make the cookie dough
- Add the cashews to a food processor or high power blender, process for 2 minutes or until the cashews are a fine powder. Add the butter (or coconut oil), brown sugar and vanilla and process another 30 seconds to 1 minutes or until smooth and creamy. Add the flour and salt, process until combined. If the mixture seems dry add a tablespoons of milk or water. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and spread the cookie dough out in an even layer about 1/4 inch thick. Place in the freezer until ready to use. Chop into small chunks.
To make the ice cream
- Add the sugar to a food processor or high powered blender. Process 1-2 minutes and then add the coconut milk, cocoa powder, vanilla bean seeds, vanilla extract and salt. Process one minute or until smooth and combined. Pour the mixture into a 2 to 4 quart ice cream freezer bowl and process for 20 to 25 minutes.
- During the last five minutes of the churning process add the cookie dough chunks. Churn for 3 to 5 minutes longer.
- Serve ice cream cookie dough immediately and freeze any remainings.
- Best to use cold coconut milk, but room temperature milk should work fine as well.
- Make sure to put your ice cream bowl in the freezer the night before.