This delicious Raw Coconut Cashew Cheesecake with vegan Raffaello pralines and mango sauce is the perfect no-bake dessert. It is gluten-free, refined sugar-free and very easy to make with only natural plant-based ingredients! The creamy cheesecake filling, the nutty crust, and the fruity mango topping are making this recipe so exotic and simply delicious! Try more cheesecake recipes here.
Almond & Coconut Crust
- ¾ cup blanched almonds chopped
- ⅔ cup shredded coconut
- 1 ½ tbsp coconut oil melted
- 8 soft dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract optional
- 1 ⅓ cup cashews soaked (*see notes)
- 1 14 oz can coconut milk *see notes
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 2 tbsp maple syrup or other syrup
- 1 ripe mango or approx. 4 cups frozen mango chunks
To Garnish (optional)
- Vegan Raffaello
- Fruits e.g. cape gooseberries and blueberries
- Coconut chips or fresh coconut cut into thin slices
Lightly grease a 7-Inch (18 cm) springform pan and line it with parchment paper. (The previous greasing helps the parchment sticking to the pan).
Put all ingredients for the almond & coconut crust into a blender and process until a sticky mixture is formed. Press the mixture evenly onto the bottom of the prepared pan. Then place it in the freezer to set while you make the filling.
Drain the soaked cashew nuts*, then add them to the blender along with the remaining ingredients (coconut milk, shredded coconut, and maple syrup) and blend until smooth.
Remove the pan from the freezer and pour the cashew cream onto the crust. Then place the cake back to the freezer and allow it to solidify for at least 4 hours or overnight.
Remove the cheesecake approx. 15 minutes before serving it. Peel the mango, remove the core and puree the pulp in the blender.
Spread the mango puree onto the frozen cheesecake and decorate as you like with vegan Raffaelo, fruits, and coconut chips.
- Make sure to soak the cashews in water for at least 4 hours (or overnight). Once softened, they’ll be easier to blend until creamy.
- Instead of using mango, you could also make this raspberry and strawberry sauce for the topping.
- Please do not use low-fat coconut milk or the cheesecake will not be creamy!
- The cheesecake can easily be stored in the freezer for up to 3 months.