Flavoured with coffee, rose and pistachio, these Fresh Cream Jewelled Eclairs treats taste as good as they look.
- 50g unsalted butter, cut into cubes
- 75g Asda Strong White Bread Flour, sifted
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 150g fondant icing sugar
- 1tbsp Extra Special Brazilian Coffee Extract
- Dr. Oetker Extra Strong Food Colouring Gel in Violet and Green
- 20g Asda Gold Crunch sprinkles
- 50g pistachios, chopped
- 2g rose petals
- 200ml whipping cream
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper.
- In a pan, bring the butter and 150ml cold water to the boil. Remove from the heat.
- Add the flour; beat with a wooden spoon until the mixture forms a dough ball that leaves the sides of the pan clean. Cool for 15 mins.
- Gradually beat in the eggs to get a stiff dough. Put in a piping bag with a 1cm plain nozzle. Pipe 14 eclairs, each 8cm long, onto the trays.
- Bake for 25 mins without opening the oven so the eclairs puff up. Cut a small slit in the side of each to release steam. Bake for 4 mins more. Cool on a rack.
- To decorate, put 50g of the icing sugar into a bowl and stir in the coffee extract until it forms a thick paste. Divide the rest of the icing sugar between 2 bowls; add a drop of violet gel to one and green to the other. Add 1-2tsp cold water to each bowl and stir into a paste.
- Spread the icing on top of the eclairs; allow to set for5 mins. Sprinkle the coffee icing with gold crunch, the green with pistachios and the violet with rose petals.
- Whip the cream and put in a piping bag with a round nozzle. Split the eclairs down one side and pipe in the cream. Serve within 1 hr.