Italian Cannoli Cheesecake is a combination of two true Italian classics. You get to enjoy two delicious Italian desserts and never need to choose which to have – you can have them both! If you’re a fan of Italian desserts, we have also Italian sfogliatelle pastry recipe for you and many others!
- 6 large cannoli shells cooked
- 3 tbsp butter melted
- 2 tbsp white sugar
- 4 cups ricotta cheese whole milk or, if possible, sheeps milk
- 1½ cups white sugar
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp orange zest freshly grated
- 5 eggs room temperature
- ½ cup mini chocolate chips
- ¼ cup almonds chopped, sliced
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees F and prepare a nine-inch springform, cheesecake pan with a piece of parchment in the bottom.
- Place the cannoli shells in a food processor and pulse until they are a fine powder. Add the melted butter and 2 Tbsp white sugar to the food processor and pulse again until a medium crumble starts to form.
- Pour the crumble into the prepared pan and press down on the crust to pack it into the pan.
- Bake the crust in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, beat the ricotta together with the 1 ½ cups white sugar and the all-purpose flour.
- Add in the heavy cream, vanilla and orange zest and mix well.
- Add the eggs to the mix, incorporating them one at a time and mixing briefly after each addition so as not to whip them too much (this can cause the cheesecake to crack).
- Pour the filling over the pre-baked crust and then bake in the oven in a water bath for one hour and 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to set the cake.
- Before serving, top with the mini chocolate chips and almonds. Remove from the pan, slice and enjoy!