Cake batter ice cream is a delicious creamy ice cream treat that tastes just like cake batter! Its perfect for birthdays, holidays, or just a delicious treat! See more ice cream recipes here.
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups half and half (or heavy cream)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup yellow cake mix
- 6 TBS rainbow sprinkles
- Combine milk and sugar in a small pot and heat over medium.
- Heat for a few minutes, stirring occasionally until sugar is mostly dissolved.
- In a mixing bowl, combine sugar milk, half and half, salt and cake mix. Stir well to combine.
- Pour mixture into your ice cream maker (make sure you prepared your bowl in the freezer ahead of time). Follow manufactures instructions. I mixed mine for 30 minutes.
- Add sprinkles and allow to mix for additional 5 minutes.
- Remove ice cream from ice cream maker and put into a small glass bowl or container. Cover with lid or foil and freeze for additional 2 hours to overnight to get ice cream to harden more.