With a skillet cookie that’s a little like a novelty cake, this oversized Red Velvet Cookie makes the perfect dessert. Baking the cookie in a skillet makes this just right for sharing. Any way you slice it, if you’re into chocolate, this red velvet treat is for you. Also try red velvet cinnamon rolls recipe.
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. table salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter (8 Tbsp.), softened
- ½ cup each granulated sugar and packed light brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp. liquid red food color
- 1 tsp. distilled white vinegar
- 1 cup each semisweet chocolate chunks and white chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream
- Chocolate syrup
- Preheat oven to 350°. Coat a 10-inch cast-iron skillet with nonstick spray.
- Whisk together flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Cream butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar in a separate bowl with a hand mixer on medium speed until light and fluffy, 5 minutes. Beat in egg, food color, and vinegar until combined, then beat in flour mixture just until combined.
- Stir in chocolate chunks and white chocolate chips. Press dough into prepared skillet.
- Bake red velvet cookie until set 18–22 minutes; serve warm with ice cream and chocolate syrup.