This peanut butter double chocolate delight dessert is a combination of a peanut butter chocolate chip cookie, cheesecake and chocolate pie all in one. Layer after glorious layer. There’s a reason why the word delight is in the title of this recipe! See chocolate peanut butter cake recipe.
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup peanut butter
- ½ cup butter, softened
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 2 3.4 ounce boxes instant chocolate fudge pudding
- 3 cups milk
- dark chocolate bar for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream together brown sugar, peanut butter, butter and sugar. Add egg and vanilla and mix until combined.
- Add flour, baking soda and salt to bowl and mix until just combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Press dough into an even layer in greased 9×13 pan. Bake 15-20 minutes or until lightly browned and center is cooked through. Cool completely.
- In bowl of an electric mixer, mix together cream cheese, half of whipped topping and powdered sugar. Spread on top of cooled cookie crust.
- In another bowl, whisk pudding and milk together and spread on top of cream cheese mixture.
- Carefully spread remaining whipped topping over pudding and chill until ready to serve. If desired, garnish with grated chocolate before serving.