One of the most delicious scones recipes and it’s keto – perfect for those on the keto diet! These Cranberry Orange Scones are packed with incredible flavor and made with almond flour, cranberries, orange zest, coconut oil and erythritol – one of the best sugar replacement products for making! These are perfect with a cup of hot coffee or tea – it’s an easy breakfast recipe idea! And if you like something sweet with your morning coffee, take a look at these chocolate chip cookies.
- 2 cups blanched almond flour
- 1/3 cup erythritol
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp orange zest
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 cup fresh cranberries
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combine the almond flour, erythritol, baking powder, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the melted coconut oil, orange zest, vanilla and egg. Stir the wet mixture into the almond flour mixture, pressing with a spoon or spatula, until a uniform dough forms. (The dough should be pliable and dense, not crumbly; add a little more coconut oil, a teaspoon at a time, if it’s very dry.) Stir and press the cranberries into the dough.
- Place the dough onto the lined pan and form a disc shape, about 1 inch thick and 6 inches in diameter. Cut into 8 wedges, like a pie or pizza. Move the pieces about 1 inch apart. Bake for 18 to 22 minutes, until golden.
- Cool completely on the pan to firm up. (Scones will fall apart if you move them before cooling.)