A delicious 6 ingredient Vegan Chocolate Chia Mousse. It is so easy, so good, and pretty freaking healthy too. If you’re into healthy desserts, try this no fuss coconut tart.
- 3/4 cup chia seeds
- 2 1/4 cups nut milk
- 1/2 cup cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/3 cup real maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon flakey sea salt
- dried roses and cacao nibs, for serving (optional)
Coconut Cream (Optional)
- 1 can (14 ounces) unsweetened coconut cream
- 2 tablespoons real maple syrup or honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, whisk together the chia seeds, milk, cocoa powder, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Cover and place in the fridge for 2 hours or up to overnight.
- Transfer the chia seed mix to a blender and blend on high power until smooth and creamy. It’s helpful to scrape down the sides once or twice while blending to incorporate everything. Taste and add more maple if a sweeter mousse is desired. Spoon the mouse into 6 servings bowls. Cover and chill 2 hours or overnight.
- To make the coconut cream, tip the coconut cream upside down and pour out the coconut water. Scoop out the coconut cream and add it to a mixing bowl with the maple syrup and vanilla. Using an electric mixer, whip the cream until combined.
- Serve the chia mousse topped with coconut cream, and if desired, dried roses and cacao nibs.
- To make the coconut cream hearts, line an 8×8 inch square baking pan with parchment paper. Spread the coconut cream into the prepared pan. Freeze 20-30 minutes. Using a heart cookie cutter, cut out hearts.