This delicious cornmeal pudding with coconut milk and cinnamon flavor, takes only 15 minutes of preparation! See also sweet corn ice cream recipe.
- 2 cups Grace Coconut Milk
- 6 1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Grace Margarine
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 pound granulated sugar
- 1 whole cinnamon leaf
- 3 cups Grace Cornmeal
- 1/2 cup counter flour
- 1 packet Anchor Milk Powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 ounce dark sugar
- In a large sauce pot, pour 2 cups Grace Coconut Milk; 4 cups water, Grace Hello Margarine, raisins, granulated sugar and cinnamon leaf; stir and bring to a boil.
- Combine the Grace Cornmeal, counter flour, Anchor Milk Powder, 2 tsps. cinnamon powder, nutmeg, salt and vanilla essence in a bowl. Add remaining 2 1/2 cups water to soften the cornmeal mixture. Add mixture to the boiling liquid and stir briskly. Lower the flame and allow to simmer for 10 minutes, whilst constantly stirring.
- Scrape mixture into a greased (10 inch) 24 cm baking tin.
- To make soft top: Combine 1 cup whole milk, remaining 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder and the dark sugar. Mix until sugar granules are dissolved. Pour soft top mixture over the pudding mixture and bake at 180°C/350°F for one hour.
- Enjoy cornmeal pudding and rate the recipe!
- 1 packet Grace Coconut Milk Powder plus 2 cups water may be substituted for the Grace Coconut Milk.
- Dark sugar may be substituted for granulated sugar.