Chocolate, coconut, and almond come together to create a delicious and nutritious bite-sized snack! If you love Almond Joy Energy balls, you will love these healthy little energy bites! See also chocolate coconut caramel bars recipe.
I love making energy balls because they only take about 10 minutes to make, from start to finish! They are one of my favorite treats, especially after lunch time. I am always wanting something a little sweet and my energy balls cure my sweet tooth every single time.
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons flaxseed meal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup creamy almond butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons chopped almonds
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the oats, coconut, cocoa powder, flaxseed, chia seeds, salt, almond butter, honey, and vanilla. Mix on low with the beater blade until well combined. Stop and scrape the sides of the bowl if necessary.
- Stir in the almonds and chocolate chips.
- Roll the mixture into small balls, about 1 to 2 tablespoons per ball. Place in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 2 weeks.
- Enjoy almond energy balls and rate the recipe!
- If you don’t have a stand mixer, you can mix by hand. If you want to boost the protein, you can add 1 tablespoon of your favorite chocolate protein powder.