Easy vanilla mug cake recipe is the perfect dessert! Enjoy this easy mug cake on your own or share it with a friend. Combine a few simple pantry staples in a mug, pop it in the microwave and then enjoy! Try homemade vanilla ice cream recipe.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1 tablespoon chocolate sprinkles
- Place butter in a large mug and microwave 30 to 40 seconds until melted. Allow to cool 2 to 3 minutes.
- Quickly whisk in the milk, vanilla extract, and sugar, mixing well (if the butter begins to solidify, microwave it for 30-45 seconds to warm the milk). Whisk in the flour, baking powder, and salt until combined. Stir in the sprinkles.
- Microwave for 80 to 90 seconds. The top should look set but slightly wet when done. Cool a few minutes before enjoying.
- Use a large mug to prevent spilling. Use a mug that is at least 14 ounces to prevent the cake from bubbling over in the microwave.
- You can substitute the sprinkles for chocolate chips or rainbow sprinkles.
- Serve with fresh strawberries and whipped cream, if desired.
- The mug will be very hot after cooking in the microwave. Allow it to sit for at least two minutes before touching or eating.
- You can make the mug cakes in advance and cover until you’re ready to eat.
- Do not make mug cakes in the oven. Mug cake recipes are for the microwave only.
- Because this is a small cake, you do not need to use eggs. The combination of ingredients in this recipe yields the best texture and flavor.